Skydebanehaven - a small public park in the center of Vesterbro district in Copenhagen, Denmark. Its name is associated with the former Royal Shooting Range Society of Copenhagen, which used to be located there. The most distinctive feature of the park is the Wall of the Neo-Gothic Shooting Range, which was built in 1887 to protect the movement at Ystedgad from accidental bullets. The other end of the park is limited to the back of the former headquarters of the Rifle Society, a neoclassical mansion, which recently housed the Copenhagen Museum.
Access to the park is provided either through a small gate in the Riflemen's Wall, or through an unsightly gate near the Absalonsgade 14 (from Vesterbrogade), or through the third gate in the northeast and Matthæusgade. The closest part of the park to Ystedgade is occupied by a public playground. Lawns and flowerbeds prevail in Vesterbrogade park.
Royal Copenhagen Filming Society was originally founded in Kompagnistræde .
In the 1750s, he set up a shooting gallery on a site outside the Western City Gate . In 1782 the company acquired a plot of land of 3.5 hectares, stretching from the current Vesterbrogad to the beach south of the city. The Society also built a mansion, built in 1787, which was to serve as a place for its active social life.
When Vesterbrogad began to develop in the second half of the XIX century, after the city was allowed to develop beyond its current decommissioned fortifications, the city expropriated most of the land of the Rifle Society. In 1887, a high wall was built, protecting the newly built Eastdeid from stray bullets from the firing range. The wall was designed by the architect Ludwig Knudsen in Neo-Gothic style. Knudsen also modernized the interior of the Shooting Society mansion in the 1890s and added a small new wing towards the gardens.
In 1949, the Society moved to the Soliste Manor in Klumpenborg, north of Copenhagen, and the city authorities acquired the rest of the property in Vesterbrogada.
Tyre Wall was designed by Lydvig Klaussen built from red bricks on the neo-Gothic project of Ludwig Knudsen. The wall is framed by two apartment buildings. The wall is supported by beautiful buttresses towards the park. The wall is topped by four small towers with conical spires, and its central part is serrated. The design uses a number of other decorative elements, including pawnshop ribbon, blind arcades, decorative brickwork and two coats of arms. The complex was entered in the Danish Registry of Protected Buildings and Sites in 1989.
The former building of the Copenhagen Rifle Society was built in the neoclassical style by Johann Heinrich Brandemann (1736-1803). Ludwig Claussen expanded the building with a small new wing towards the gardens.